1. Gelato has significant less fat than ice cream, typical 10% to 25%. The fat content found in Gelato is only 0.5% for fruit gelato (lemon, strawberry, etc) and only has lower than 4.3% for non-fruit Gelato (Pistachio, Chocolate, Tiramisù). However, less fat does not mean less taste. With the lower fat content, Gelato is less solidly frozen than ice cream and melts in the mouth faster. Therefore, the Gelato’s full flavor can be tasted immediately.
  2. Gelato is more dense than ice cream, ice cream is produced by mixing cream, milk and sugar then adding 70% air, thus doubling the volume and cutting the quality in half. Gelato on the other hand only has less than 30% air, thusresulting to a  higher quality dessert with a richer and more flavorful taste, and creamier texture.
  3. Gelato is produced fresh in small batches following the traditional Italian method and it is not stored for months as opposed to industrial ice cream. Ice cream is mass produced, stored for months, delivered to distribution areas and served to costumers.

Gelato VS Ice Cream